How do I create a shortcut to UpToDate®?
Once the software is installed:
- Click on the Go menu.
- Open the Applications folder.
- Click once on the UpToDate icon.
- Click on the File menu.
- Click on Make Alias.
Why is UpToDate® running slowly?
Several factors can cause UpToDate® to run more slowly than expected.
The most likely cause is an anti-virus program. You should temporarily disable the anti-virus program before starting UpToDate and see if that will improve the application's performance.
Likewise, other applications that are running when UpToDate is running may slow your computer down and impede performance.
How do I delete UpToDate® from my computer?
Please note: You do not need to delete your old version of UpToDate® to install the next release.
To uninstall UpToDate from a Macintosh:
- Ensure there is a valid network connection from your Macintosh to the internet to allow transfer of your CME credits to your online account.
- Login to the UpToDate desktop application and make note of your current CME credits.
- Go to www.uptodate.com and login to your account. Verify that your CME credits have been uploaded to your online account.
- Close all open programs.
- Drag the UpToDate alias to the Trash.
- Double-click the Hard Drive icon.
- Double-click the Applications folder.
- Drag the UpToDate folder to the Trash.
- From the Special menu, select Empty Trash.