How do I create a shortcut to UpToDate®?
When you install UpToDate®, the installer automatically creates a shortcut to UpToDate in your Start menu and on the desktop. If you don't see a shortcut to UpToDate, please follow these instructions to create a shortcut on the desktop:
- Click on the Start menu.
- Click on All Programs.
- Click on the UpToDate folder.
- Right-click on the UpToDate icon.
- A drop-down menu will appear.
- Select Create Shortcut.
- A new icon will appear on the list.
- Drag this new icon to your desktop and release the mouse button.
- If you don't see the UpToDate icon when you click on the UpToDate folder, then there was a problem with your installation. We recommend you remove UpToDate from your machine and re-install the software.
I'm having printing problems. What should I do?
If you cannot print text or pictures or the ability to print is inconsistent, the most common resolution is to update the printer driver. You should go to your printer manufacturer's website and download the newest driver for their printer. Once the new driver is installed, you should restart your computer and try printing again.
If updating the driver is unsuccessful, the following options may be helpful.
- Save the article or graphic to the desktop and minimize UpToDate®. Open the article on the desktop and print.
- Copy and paste the text from the UpToDate article into a word processing document and print.
Why is UpToDate® running slowly?
Several factors can cause UpToDate® to run more slowly than expected.
The most likely cause is an anti-virus program. You should temporarily disable the anti-virus program before starting UpToDate to see if that will improve the application's performance.
Likewise, other applications that are running while UpToDate is running may slow your computer down and impede performance.
How do I delete UpToDate® from my computer?
Please note: You do not need to delete your old version of UpToDate® to install the next release.
To uninstall UpToDate from a Windows PC:
- Ensure there is a valid network connection from your Windows PC to the internet to allow transfer of your CME credits to your online account.
- Login to the UpToDate desktop application and make note of your current CME credits.
- Go to www.uptodate.com and login to your account. Verify that your CME credits have been uploaded to your online account.
- On your Windows PC, choose Control Panel from the Start menu.
- Windows XP — Double-click on the Add/Remove Programs icon.
Windows Vista and Windows 7 — Click on Programs and Features.
- Click on UpToDate from the list to highlight it. The following example is for Windows XP.
- Windows XP — Click Change/Remove.
Windows Vista and Windows 7 — Click Uninstall/Change.
- Follow the steps for uninstalling the program.
- Close all open windows.
- Windows XP — Double-click the My Computer icon.
Windows Vista and Windows 7 — Choose Computer from the Start menu.
- Double-click on the drive on which UpToDate is installed (typically the C drive).
- Windows XP — Double-click on the Program Files folder.
Windows Vista and Windows 7 — Double-click on the Users folder and then double-click on the folder with your user name.
- Delete the UpToDate folder.